Monday 3 August 2015

RECIPE: Guacamole


Ahhh Guacamole - is there anything better? I think not, as a huge lover of Avocado, guac is something I will often make to have as a snack or with a Mexican inspired dinner so today I wanted to share with you the recipe I make. I am more than sure almost everyone has their own take on this popular dish but I'm throwing my two cents in too! Originally I learnt this off my Mum (thanks Mum!), but I may have made a few slight tweaks in my time of guacamole inhalation hehe.

Ingredients
- 1 Avocado 
Preferably ripe although we all know how that usually goes


I have found this trick to work quite well for me

 
- 8 to 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
-  Dash of Chilli Flakes
- 2 teaspoons of Cumin Spice
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1/4 or half of a Spanish Onion or regular Onion
- Juice from one lemon (or more depending on your taste)




 Method
1: Chop up your avocado and mash with a fork in a bowl (I find it helps to put it into the bowl and then just slice at it with a knife to make mashing it up really easy)
2: Cut up onion, cherry tomatoes and garlic and add to bowl (chop as small as you can, or to create a chunky version do this haphazardly!)
3: Juice the lemon and add in
4: Add a dash Salt & Pepper, the cumin and chilli flakes
5: Mix all together, taste test and add more S&P, lemon juice or cumin as needed


LOOK at this adorable and teeny tiny Mortar & Pestle my parents gifted me from Alaska! I used this to grind up my pink Himalayan salt - its SO tiny, I am obsessed lol.


 
 And there we have it, my most loved snack for when I am willing to make effort to make it! I found some corn chips from the supermarket (woolworths) that only had three ingredients and is organic (same brand as pictured just the original version). I also love to have this on sourdough bread to make it a bit more exciting, with carrot sticks, corn thins or as I said on top of some Mexican style dinners like chilli con carne - yum!
~
Let me know if you make this and what you think, or if you have a special recipe you use and how it is different to mine!
xoxo  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!