Saturday 14 September 2013

The Red Lip




bold red lip with mascara and bronzer


71Jules  PUCKER UP ALL YOU RED POUTY LIPS
Love the smoky eyes and bright lipstick

contour & red lips


 The Red Lip, a classic and timeless look. The perfect go to look when you don't actually want to wear a lot of makeup but still make an impact with it, the perfect stand out look, easy but effective and overall a very fun and confidence boosting look! No wonder its a classic! 
Today I'm going to show you the steps I take to get my version of the perfect red lip.
Tip: go for a blue undertone in your red lipstick to make your teeth appear whiter! 



My Red Lip Essentials:
Lush Lip Scrub - LINK!
EOS Lip Balm - LINK!
Mac Lip Liner in 'Cherry' - LINK!
Revlon Lipstick in 'True Red' - LINK! 


Step 1: 
First up, I scrub my lips with this Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum to remove any flaky bits and dead skin so I am working with a clean surface!



Step 2:
I apply a lip balm, a firm favourite is the EOS Lip Balms, this one in is strawberry, however any lip balm will do; you just want to put some moisture back into your lips. 


Step 3:
Lip Liner! A step so many people leave out, but such an important one. If you want your lipstick to last for well over half a day (which includes eating), then lip liner is a must! Mac's Cherry is by far the best I have found.



I know I look cuckoo but i always do the outline first and take my time to make sure it right.  



Then I fill the entire lip in. You could leave it here if you are wanting to go for a matte look lip, otherwise it is the perfect base for your lipstick. 



Final step apply the lippy, I love this revlon one in True Red, it has the perfect colouring for my skin. I find with the blue undertones it gives the teeth a nice glow! 


tada! My perfect red lip, what do you think? Any steps you take that i've missed out? Whats your favourite red lipstick? I am always on the lookout for more! 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!